Project near Putra Heights fire site had Subang Jaya council’s approval

Mayor of Subang Jaya, Datuk Amirul Azizan Abd Rahim (right) and Menteri Besar Selangor Dato’ Seri Haji Amirudin Shari (second right) at Putra Heights on Tuesday, April 1, 2025. Photo courtesy of MPSJ website.

SUBANG JAYA, April 2: The Subang Jaya City Council (MPSJ) had approved a development project near the site of the underground gas pipeline where a fire had taken place on Tuesday morning, a news report reposted on the MPSJ website said.

The report by Berita Harian, citing the Mayor of Subang Jaya, Datuk Amirul Azizan Abd Rahim, said the Mayor confirmed that the approval was given following a proper approval process in 2022.

The contractor had obtained Petronas’ permission to use the Right-of-Way for the Indah Water Konsortium Route (IWK) and all other approvals according to the procedures, and it is also in the panel of contractors approved by Petronas and IWK, he was quoted saying at the Incident Control Post today in the report.

The project also complied with all conditions and regulations, he said.

He also said that the project was due for completion in December last year but faced delays in obtaining the Certificate of Completion and Compliance (CCC).

Amirul said this when asked to comment on social media claims that excavation works at the site had caused the fire.

He said the authorities would also not issue an official response for now as investigations were still ongoing.

–WE